Region STAR Events competitions have been set for the 2013-2014 year!
Please click here for New Region Map
All region competitions are set by the individual region adviser for your area. You will receive the detailed information from your region adviser soon. Registration close on February 3. All STAR Event competitors MUST BE affiliated by FEBRUARY 1. They will not be allowed to compete for any reason if they are not registered and affiliated by February 1st.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION (August 1 - Feb 1 at midnight) = $20.00 per student
REGULAR REGISTRATION ( Feb. 2 - Feb. 3 at midnight) = $25.00 per student
The last day to substitute or delete a student is February 3. No refunds for any reason. Payments must be postmarked by Monday, February 10th.
REGION COMPETITION LOCATIONS AND DATES
REGION JUDGES FORM - SEND TO YOUR REGION ADVISER
REGION 1 - Lafayette High - SAT., FEB. 22
REGION 2 - Youth Middle - SAT., FEB. 22
REGION 3 - Madison County Middle - SAT., FEB. 22
REGION 4 - Villa Rica High School - SAT, FEB 28
REGION 5 - Georgia Piedmont College/Clarkston - FRI., FEB. 21
REGION 6 - Newton County Hight - SAT., FEB. 22
REGION 7 - Houston County High - SAT., MAR.1
REGION 8 - Coffee High - SAT., MAR. 1
REGION 9 - Liberty County College And Career Academy - SAT., MAR 1
2014 Region Culinary Arts STAR Events Competition
Region competition menu will be MENU #1 from the National Culinary Arts Menus. State competition menu will be announced after Region Competition. Menushttp://www.fcclainc.org/content/resources/
Substitions will be made for Menu #1 – Wheat Berries will be substituted with Bulgar.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Culinary Arts teams are a 3 member team.
- Top 2 teams from every region will move on to State Competition on March 20-21.
- Each team will determine their own equipment list this year. Max. of 2 burners.
- Each team will be provided one table. You may bring one speed rack.
- Food items for region competition are supplied by Georgia FCCLA.
REGION COMPETITION LOCATIONS AND DATES (For Culinary Arts Only)
- Region 1 – LaFayette High School; Saturday, February 22; 8:30am
- Region 2 and Region 3 – Lanier Charter Career Academy (Oakwood); Tuesday, February 25; 9:00am
- Region 4 and Region 5 – Le Cordon Bleu (Tucker); Friday, February 21; 9:00am
- Region 6 – Newton County Career Academy; Saturday, February 22; 9:00am
- Region 7 and Region 8 – Camp John Hope; Thursday, February 27; 9:30am
- Region 9 – Liberty College and Career Academy; Saturday, March 1; 12:00pm
2013 - 2014 COMPETITIVE EVENTS MANUAL
For additional information, planning process sheet, budget template, culinary menus (Posted Dec. 1) and questions & answer sheet go to www.fcclainc.org and click on PROGRAMS then COMPETITIVE EVENTS or click here.
The Top 2 in every category and level from every region will move on to compete at State STAR Events Competition in Athens on March 20-21, 2014.
The following STAR Events will NOT compete at region but will advance directly to state competition. You will register them for region competition.
Advancing directly to State STAR Events:
- Applied Math for Culinary Management
- Fashion Construction *New this year
- Fashion Design *New this year
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Interpersonal Communication
- Interior Design
- Parliamentary Procedure